dollz available for purchase at www.dadzdesign.etsy.com

Monday, February 2, 2009

I am New...Excited to be here...and I have no idea what I am doing!!

I don't have a clue as to what I am doing on blogspot...like how to use it so for my first post...I will just start with my story. My story that I am going to copy straight out of my Etsy profile and paste right here for you to read. Wish me luck!

Hi there! I am Alexis the creator, or rather the tool used by God to start this business called DadzDesign. I am 24 years old and have been married about three and a half years to my husband Jonathan. We have two little boys Immanuel and Ezekiel...they are soooooo much fun!! Oh, did I mention that I am now pregnant with number three!

When I got pregnant (on our honeymoon) with our first son Immanuel, depression struck me like driving your car full speed into a brick wall. It took us about two more years and until the birth of our second son to realized that maybe it was clinical depression and I needed to see a doctor. After seeing the doctor and being put on depression medication I finally feel like myself again and I can actually enjoy my life that is so full of blessings! I also have been able to put dreams and visions into action...including DadzDesign.

I have always seen others and myself as rag dollz...we have been stuffed and stitched up time and time again. Dealing with the painful stuff in life can leave scars and inevitably helps shape us into who we are . After living with depression for so long, feeling like myself again is like getting new eyes or having them replaced. Clearly God is not done with me and had me walk through that time of depression in life to bring me out better, changed, and stronger on the other side. I now understand what it truly means to feel absolutely alone, and to want to give up completely. It is not a pretty or fun place to be, but in this world today I know there are many many people who are in that place feeling all alone with no one to talk to and nowhere to go.

While there is healing for me in the process of making these dollz, I pray that they will bring some comfort and peace to the minds and hearts of those who need healing, or are on the pathway of healing already. These dollz are stuffed with the love of God and the constant prayers of healing, encouragement, peace, wisdom, and strength that flow from my lips.

The plan that God has for DadzDesign and me is my absolute passion...the healing of hurting people and encouragement of those around them. To bring hearts closer to God so that they may know our Creator, the Maker of the universe, and understand that they are a unique one-of-a-kind handmade creation.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139: 13-16 (NIV)

Sweet...it worked, however, it took out all of my spacing. Hmmm...let me fix that for you. Alright...now that that is all fixed and it looks super great here is a link to my Etsy Shop!!!

http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=5954987

Check it out! Thanks for the great welcome to blogspot! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment